bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Just Finished Reactions: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Eclipse - 'Stephenie Meyer'

Below are my legit reactions when reading this horrid book:

"WTH BELLA WHY CANT YOU STAY MAD AT HIM!?! (Edward) *expletive* PAID SOMEONE TO ABDUCTED YOU AND YOU LET HIM OFF WITH A FEW KISSES. GAWWWDD. SERIOUSLY?! IS THIS WHAT TEENAGE GIRLS ARE TODAY?!"

Then I kept reading.

I have never slammed a book shut and walked away fuming before. Never.

I did it with this book three times.

Not only was there a weak heroine who knows her mind but can't stop playing with people who love her, but Meyer took my favorite character (Jacob) and made him into practically a date rapist. Don't even get me started on imprinting.

Do me a favor, people reading this looking for a good romantic story. Ask me about the romance novel genre. I can get you vampire. Hell, I can get you greek gods. And it comes with resolved sexual tension

Originally published on GR in June 2008. Oh, can I taste my rage. I will always remember storming off after slamming the book. Ridiculous.