bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

RetroReview: Harry Potter Series

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  - J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  - J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  - J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Harry Potter Schoolbooks Box Set: Two Classic Books from the Library of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - J.K. Rowling New Clues to Harry Potter Book 5: Hints from the Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter - Galadriel Waters, Astre Mithrandir, E.L. Fossa

The Harry Potter Series
By JK Rowling

Harry Potter and the Soceror's Stone
Bams Says: This first book in the beloved HP septology! For me this one was cute, a nice introduction into the series. I loved hearing about the trio, and this book held me in enough suspense to keep me reading the series!

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bams Says: Well, I didn't really like this one all that much. But I liked it better after I saw the movie. If that makes any sense. I don't know why, but this is my least favorite. Maybe it's Gilderoy, I don't know. *shrug*

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Bams Says: AH! I LOVE THIS ONE! This one is definitely my favorite. I love hearing about Harry's parents and I liked the lack of Voldemort. Just time out to learn more stuff about the characters! Go MWPP!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bams Says: This one was brilliant just like all the others. I could not put it down. I loved every bit of it! Especially the TriWizard Cup thing!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Bams Says: BRILLIANT!!! I loved every bit of it and I literally, as is real water, cried toward the end. Not at the fabled "death" but at the aftermath...poor Harry... I loved this book, but hated the cliffie!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Bams Says: This was a really cute book to do for Charity, and a really nice way to give us fans a treat! I loved Harry and Ron's comments throughout the book!

Quidditch Through the Ages
Bams Says: This book was an interesting read. I love learning anything I can about the magical word and Quidditch was a wonderful way to do it.

New Clues to Harry Potter Book 5
By Galadriel Waters
Bams Says: This book was sooooo brilliant to read. It got me thinking to in depthly about Book 5! It makes me want to read it again and find all these hidden clues!

Note from Now: Oh, the time of innocence before the series was completed. I was hardcore into theories and predictions. I visited forums, read fanfic, was pretty much knee deep in fandom... I also vaguely recall a song about Remus called Shrieking Shack  (to the tune of Love Shack). Wow what a time. It'a really hard for me to process that this was about/over 10 years ago. How time flies.

I don't know how I feel about the news that they are making a trilogy of movies off of Fantasic Beasts. I am hoping it just a good medieval like romp. I don't really have high hopes.

Actually though I have been thinking about this time a lot recently as I have been just skimming the surface of the A Song of Ice and Fire fandom and fan theories. I don't know if I have the strength to do what I did with HP. It was really a once in a lifetime thing. I am glad I was a part of it :)

RetroReview is a short series I am doing from old reviews I found on my old Geocities page, so pre-GR circa 2004. I was in high school so forgive the lingo. Bunny and Gary are my friends code names; Bams is mine.