bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

RetroReview: His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

The Golden Compass  - Philip Pullman The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, Book 2) By Philip Pullman - -Author- The Amber Spyglass - Philip Pullman

His Dark Materials Trilogy
By Philip Pullman

The Golden Compass
Bams Says: OH What a brilliant fantasy/sci fi story! if you are into this genre this series is for you! This one we are introduced to all of the characters, including Lyra and Pan! I absolutely loved it!

The Subtle Knife
Bams Says: I read this book in less then 24 hours. That is how gripping it is! We meet Will in this one, who I am not ashamed to say is my favorite character! Some parts of the book made me cry, others made me laugh, and the end made me reach for the next book instantly!

The Amber Spyglass
Bams Says: The third and final book in the series had me wanting to continuously read it. Everything was brought to a wonderful climax and your even introduced to more characters who you come to grow to love! The ending made me cry, but I cry at the ending of all good books. If not literally then on the inside! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SERIES!

Note from now: Hmm I was a very emotional reader as a teen. This book series is one for the heartstrings though. I reread the first two and a good chunk of the third 3ish years ago. Just as good. It holds up really, really well. And I am still holding out for the book of dust.

In a fun side note, His Dark Materials is the ONLY fandom which I have ever written and published fanfiction. It's a quick one scene thing, but I still stand by it ;)

RetroReview is a short series I am doing from old reviews I found on my old Geocities page, so pre-GR circa 2004. I was in high school so forgive the lingo. Bunny and Gary are my friends code names; Bams is mine.