bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie  -  Jennifer Ashley

I first found out about this book from a romance review column talking about damaged heroes. And then I saw it on a ton of year end lists praising its awesomeness. I didn't get a chance to read it until now.

It's hard not to like Ian Mackenzie. He is definitely different and it's almost immediately apparent why, but he is still so likable (this may be because of all my Sheldon love in Big Bang but I digress). Reading from Ian's point of view was always something of a treat. And just reading Ian was as well. So often in historicals you read about a rake whose only flaw is he is too sexy, but here you have a guy just trying to get by with what he knows. And it's completely believably written.

As for our heroine, Beth, she to me was not as interesting as Ian. I've read the come from nothing, tenacious, understanding heroine many, many times. She was acceptable, well rounded and well written, just nothing new to me.

Nothing compared to Ian. It's his story.

Originally posted on GR in Jun 2010

And I had one progress note:

06/07/2010 page 191   59.69% "Wow. This was not what I was expecting at all but I love it so much!"