bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares

My Name Is Memory - Ann Brashares

I can't decide how I feel about this book. In the beginning, I really disliked Lucy. I was living for the part of the book that was from Daniel's perspective. I loved hearing about the past.

Then they both sort of merged and Lucy's perfect didn't piss me off so much. She actually started to grow up (as a character) and not in a Mary Sue way that was exemplified in the beginning.

Sometimes the characters acted a bit too stupid for my taste, but I guess we all do as humans. We think we know what's right and act accordingly.

Toward the end when things started to pick up I was all rooting for them. I was turning pages with lightening speed, but then the book ended.

What? The end made me feel like it was going to be one of those open ended books that people praise for its flexibility.

This book is about the struggle for them to find each other and stay there. It could have been easily wrapped up with a little bit of tweaking the final 1/4. Then it wouldn't need to be a trilogy (apparently that is what I am reading it is... I would have never have guessed)

It was a decent book, though it could have been better with a little more thought and execution.

Originally published on GR in July 2010. I wonder what ever happened to it being a trilogy? I can't seem to find any info on any sequels or anything on her website. So I guess it would just be a shitty open ending that I dont remember. Meh.