bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Just Finished Reactions: Perils of Pleasure by Julie Anne Long

The Perils of Pleasure - Julie Anne Long

This was the perfect read for my day today, which was lounging by the pool. Colin and Madeline have a unique story between them, something I have never seen in a historical romance (yay! unique plots!). He is almost hanged. She helps him escape. They set off on a quest to find out what happened.

I truly believed the characters of both Colin and Madeline. They were wonderfully crafted. The one sex scene was wonderfully erotic and fit well with these two.

I think why this wasn't rated higher was while I liked the story sometimes it was a little jarring if that is the right word. We mostly followed Madeline and Colin but then would be abruptly transported for a paragraph or so into someone side character from Colin's large family's mind. I dont know if the jarring feeling was just me but it pulled me out a bit. Same with the ending, it seemed.. strange somehow.

Despite all of this it was a sasifying story and I will continue on with the series.

Longer review at my blog, Competitive Bibliomaniac

Originally published in Feb 2012 on GR... man, I wish I were by a pool somewhere warm right now ... its negative and snowy today.