bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: Somewhere In Time (Bid Time Return) by Richard Matheson

Somewhere In Time - Richard Matheson

"Basically its about this guy, Richard, who is leaving his life behind to get away from his family who are treating him as if he will die at any moment. Which apparently he might.

Richard ends up at this hotel and sees a picture of this woman, Elise, whom he is drawn to. He spends most of the beginning of the book finding out as much as he can about her and traveling in time to her.

He does go back in time, and that is the part of the book that I really became interested. It was a good 100 pages before he meets her, and while the beginning was somewhat interesting it just wasn't as interesting as the end. And even that dragged a bit. I enjoyed the time travel aspect quite a bit actually and I like how he thought about things like changing his speech pattern.

Overall, I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. It was a decent read. I am curious to see how they adapted it to the screen, to see if it engages me more."

(full review)

Originally published on GR in 2010.

Note: I did end up watching the movie and I thought it was good. Nothing to write home about, but I enjoyed it. I liked seeing this story brought to screen and really liked the chemistry between Dr Quinn and Superman. :D

Source: http://compbiblio.blogspot.com/2010/07/wedding-bells-are-ringing-book.html