bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Just Finished Reaction: Bloodmaiden by Christine E. Schulze

Bloodmaiden - Christine E. Schulze

From the description this sounded like a great story. So I started reading. My first shock was that the book was only 200 pages (in my eBook form at least). The first chapter or two was really gripping (though groan! first person storytelling. Not normally my cup of tea). I was really interested in this world of virgin forced marriages and sacrifices. Let's learn more.

But as I was itching to know more about the world I was only given confusion. Willing to be introduced gradually I read on. I love a plot driven book and this is certainly plot driven, but sadly I think it as the expense of the characters. I really wanted to know more about who these people I was reading about were. They were very flat and I honestly couldn't figure out why I should care what happened to them.

I'm giving it three stars though, because it was written well and the plot was interesting and unique. Plus dragons are cool.

My complete review can be found here

Originally posted on GR in Oct 2010