bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Just Finished Reactions: Cycler by Lauren McLaughlin

Cycler - Lauren McLaughlin

This book has such a great premise. A girl turns into a guy for 4 days every month. Awesome! Tell me more! What is that like? How does she use this special power? Well, in the disappointing turn of how this story was written, Jill uses meditation to block out Jack and instead focuses on being a complete parody of a woman and tries to subversively trap herself a man.

Are you kidding me?! You have such a unique premise for a story! But instead it gets turned into "How do I get him to ask me to the prom?!"

Jack was... slightly better, but probably because we were with him less. He too was a farce of masturbatory tendencies.

In short, I didn't finish. And I don't want to. From what I can tell, this is nothing special. Just a great concept with no payoff.