bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Just Finished Reactions: Behind the Mist by M.J. Evans

Behind the Mist - M. J. Evans

First off, I don't know much about horses, so I guess its good to go into this thinking about that.

Behind the Mist was a very interesting story, but it just didn't hit the right places for me. With that said, it's not really marketed to me but to a middle school age reader. I think if there was a student that was interested in horses and fantasy, they would really love this book.

But for me I thought the prose was a little bit clunky. Occasionally I was confused by the horse terminology (dressage was the big standout. I do know what it is vaguely.)

So I am rating this based on if I were reading it as a child of about 10 who liked horses, or is even slightly interested in them. If I were rating it for myself it would be at an "It's okay level" but I don't think it is fair to do so.

Originally posted on GR in Jan 2011