bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: Final Jeopardy by Stephen Baker

Final Jeopardy: Man vs. Machine and the Quest to Know Everything - Stephen Baker

When I heard there was going to be a match between a computer built to play Jeopardy and famous Jeopardy winners, I was instantly intrigued. Outside of checking my DVR was set to auto-record, I started to wonder the science behind it. Was it just hooked up to a search engine? How was it going to handle the answers that are word play? Is it going to understand English?

This book answers those questions and more! I was highly interested during most of the book. It was not too heavy on technical detail but not too light either. It was a wonderful balance.

It delves not only into technology but the science of language and also human computer interaction.

I cannot recommend this enough!

Why four stars? Well I haven't finished yet since the last chapter is not out until after the match :)

Read a more detailed review over at The Broke and the Bookish