bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Just Finished Reactions: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) - Patrick Rothfuss

Fantasy is not normally my genre of choice, but this was well paced and flowed with a grace Rothfuss could convey BRILLIANTLY through his prose. Seriously, I want to read it again just to write down all of the sentences I thought were hauntingly beautiful.

The characters are three dimensional, even the side characters. Our narrator is a very likable and relatable hero. The Chandrian are super mysterious and intriguing and I would read on JUST to find out what is UP with these guys!

While first person is normally a con for me, this was done well. I really liked how it was treated as a narrative flashback and will really hold the series together well.

My only con is one I see a lot in the fantasy novels I've read (okay not a lot because I have not read too many but my opinion still stands). It's that there is not a defined enough climax for me. It just seemed like… well stopping. I can see how it fits in with the story, but when I didn’t get that "Oh that was the diminishing of a book" feeling, I was left disappointed.

Other than that. Great book! Highly recommended even if you don’t like fantasy too much.

Originally posted on GR in May 2011