bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: Unveiled by Courtney Milan

Unveiled - Courtney Milan

Margaret is hiding out as a non-convincing nurse while trying to spy on the potential new heir, Ash. Ash knows from the start he is going to hit that. Margaret does a great job of saying "No" and Ash is okay with taking it slow.

The premise is really interesting to me. Brothers bastardized by their fathers deception by the cast-away distant relative. Distant relative and bastardized sister start to fall in love. Sister is torn between loyalties.

While the romance itself was pretty interesting, I really wanted to know how they were going to resolve this issue. So I guess a good plot line took me a little out of the romance.

But Ash and Margaret are very well rounded characters. Each has flaws, but not overwhelmingly so. Each has positives, but they aren't shoved down our throats. I extrememly liked, going back to that plot thing, that the main obstacle was not them falling in love. It was overcoming betrayal.

But, this book is a conundrum to me. I can't find anything about it that I particularly disliked, but I can't find anything about it that sent me over the moon. I think that it is the epitimy of a "just good" book. It wouldn't be the first I'd recommend, but I would recommend it.

It was solidly fine. I am definitely continuing on with this series.

Also posted on my blog, CompBilbio

Originally posted on GR in Feb 2012