bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: Steamlust: Steampunk Erotic Romance Anthology

Steamlust: Steampunk Erotic Romance - Sylvia Day, Lisabet Sarai, Saskia Walker, Sacchi Green, Andrea Dale, Mary Borsellino, Nikki Magennis, Kristina Wright, Elizabeth Coldwell, Charlotte Stein, Christine d'Abo, Vida Bailey, Anya Richards, Anna Meadows, Lynn   Townsend

Steampunk. I accidentally fell into this genre when I picked up a book with a pretty cover and decided to read it. How fun it was! Cool Victorian mannerism, things, ideals, added in with a twist of taking industrialization to its science fiction- fantasy extreme.
When this book came to me I was just thinking I wanted to read more erotica, and with steampunk being fun and unique, I thought this would be the best thing for it.

Steamlust, as aforementioned, is an anthology. Each story is roughly ten pages long. My normal problem with anthologies is that it is extrememly hard for me to get to know the characters with only thirty or so odd pages to work with. That is not the case with Steamlust. The first story wowed me (I’d venture to say it was my favorite) and just let me know I wasn’t in for the dreary anthologies where I feel like I wasted my time.

Each story has wonderful characters and focuses on a certain type of steampunk. One story may focus more of the innovations of the genre where another focuses solely on the machines themselves. There is always some fun aspect that takes the story from meh to marvelous.

Now, I can’t say all of the stories wowed me the same as that first one did, but they were all enjoyable and a great way to get some quick reading in after a tough, long day at work. I had no need to worry about getting caught up in the book and be roped in for 15 chapters, because each story was its own book.

This book has something for all romance loving steampunk fanatics. It is definitely steamy and some stories left me grabbing for my hand fan!

The moral is, ladies and gents, if you are into steampunk and don’t mind it with an emphasis on the steam, check Steamlust out. If you don’t know what steampunk really is and are willing to get thrust into the realm of Victorian fantasy with clocks and goggles, give it a go! I am sure glad I did!

This book was provided to me by the publisher for a honest review. Originally posted on GR in October 2011.