bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: Beguiling the Beauty by Sherry Thomas

Beguiling the Beauty - Sherry Thomas

I feel like I am the only one in the world who didn't like this book. From the get go it lost my interest.

Here in list form (since phone typing is hurting me ) is why:
- too much telling me of things in the beginning. I felt like this book was almost action less because of how much info I was being told.
- the characters were bland ... Like toast
- the romance lacked all heat. All bealieveability really.
- things just moved strangely pacing wise. I enjoyed, I guess, their time on the ship (meaning it was something I didn't skim).
- after a while I was fed up and the only things that saved this from being a DNF was that I was curious scout the reveal and their HEA.

Also it gets two stars because of:
- the dinosaurs
- the creativity that I did see was good. I loved that the settings varied from Boston to boat to England. And yeah those dinosaurs.

I don't think I will continue this series and quite frankly after this book I am confused in what I am missing that obviously tons of others see in this author ? Hopefully the DA book club will shine some light.

Originally posted on GR in 2012.