bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review and Progress Post: Since the Surrender by Julie Anne Long

Since the Surrender - Julie Anne Long

I think I graded this one so harshly because I loved the one before it so much. Like No Other Lover if you are interested :)

Why this book is two stars:
The Plot was boring for the first 100 pages.
Seriously I don't know how I even stayed awake during those pages. The hero and heroine were rarely interacted and there was all these choppy flashbacks. When the plot did finally show up, it made it readable, but it still was kind of a "wtf is going on" story.

Random sexy times.
They had sex at such RANDOM times. Like in the middle of searching for

the kidnapped sister.

(show spoiler)

No its not like time is of the essence or anything.

The guilt of the hero/heroine
So part of the back-story is they met when she was married to his compatriot in the war. Now I was thinking this whole time they had the sexy times in the past and got caught and their guilt was what kept them apart. When I found out it was

just one, steamy kiss

(show spoiler)

I raised a brow. Now that her husband's dead, guilt from

one kiss

(show spoiler)

is keeping you apart? She kept thinking (in her monologues) "I ruined his life/career. He will never forgive me" He was transferred and it ended up saving his life and he was considered a war hero (we're told). I don't think you ruined anything.

The chemistry between the hero/heroine
This is why it is not one star. I thought they had some good sparks flying between them. They were just misplaced in this weird "mystery" plot. I feel like if the plot were different, these two could have flourished as I liked them each as characters (outside of the guilt thing...)

Not my favorite. It makes me think I am more of a Redmond family fan thus far...

Originally posted on GR in April 2012. I peppered this with spoiler tags... though I dont really think any of them in a major spoiler. I just thought I would be safe in the transfer over here :)

Progress Post:

04/27/2012 page 255   69.0% "the first 167 pages were slow as hell. all boring telling backstories. now that the plot is here I am more interested. and the chemistry is pretty hot."
04/27/2012 page 371   100.0% "hmm... not my favorite. I liked the chemistry but the first hundred pages had them rarely together. and the plot was sort of.... strange. Meh"