bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: The 7-Minute Back Pain Solution by Gerard Girasole, Cara Hartman

The 7-Minute Back Pain Solution: 7 Simple Exercises to Heal Your Back Without Drugs or Surgery in Just Minutes a Day - Gerard J. Girasole, Cara Hartman

Note: You dont want to try any new excercises and shit until you talk to a doctor. For me, I had been to physical therapy before and remembered a lot of these stretches. So read books on doctoring at your own risk. Gotta love a disclaimer. You really dont want to mess with your back.

Wow. I was skeptical when I first selected this book for review, but also desperate. See, I have 2 bad disks in my back and at the time I saw this book, I couldn't sit, stand, drive, sleep without discomfort.

The seven stretches laid out really relax the muscles and help when things are tense. I was skeptical when I first tried them, but they are all reminiscent of when I did physical therapy back in the day.

Now I use them whenever I can't get out of bed in the morning for stiffness or immediately after I work out and can feel my muscles tensing.

So we know this book is effective at least for me, now lets look at the layout. I really enjoyed how this book was laid out. It was easy to skip to a chapter that was relevant to me, for instance the airplane travel chapter, and read about the tips. There were sections for pretty much everything you can think of: airplanes, cars, working, showering. It was quite complete.

I am definitely going to get this one to have as a reference throughout my life because you never know when things may flare up again. I recommend this as a resource for people with back issues looking to try some organic treatment for their chronic pain.