bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Progress: 42/420 pages

Challenge: 30 Day Book Challenge Day Eighteen

The Da Vinci Code  - Dan Brown The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

A Book that Disappointed You

Since I already talked about Outlander and how I think it is overrated (and thus disappointed me), I decided to go with Dan Brown's one book that he renames and uses over and over again.

The first Dan Brown book you read is amazing! It has all these twists and turns, and in the end you are feeling stimulated and satisfied. Then you read another... and maybe like it a bit, but realize its pretty much the same story as the first. The third book you read is a slog (especially if it's The Lost Symbol). I haven't had the chance to see what a fourth book would bring (I haven't picked up Inferno, but I haven't heard good things).

Angels and Demons is tied for my favorite book of all time (with The Time Traveler's Wife). I like it because it was interesting and thrilling, and I have a personal connection to it. I was able to read it and then go to Rome shortly there after to see some of the sites. And I even reread it recently to make sure it wasn't all nostalgia. Nope still interesting and fun.

But Da Vinci Code was just okay. I mean I liked it enough... I guess. Lost Symbol was near unreadable. So going from Favorite Book to Near Unreadable in the same series... yeah it's a bit disappointing.