bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Progress: 42/420 pages

Challenge: 30 Day Book Challenge Day Thirty

IT'S DAY FUCKING 30 (plus 12) BITCHES! I DID IT

self high five gif

So topic for day thirty? Favorite book of all time. Meh. Don't like it. My favorites are changeable. Different things may mean different things depending on when I read them. I have two standards that I like to say but you know what, I am feeling generous.

Here is a list of every book I have rated five stars since I started keeping track in 2008:

• The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

That's it. 6 years and four books have made the cut. I have a decent number of fours, but most books I rate are three stars. It makes sense to me that out of all the books that I read only some of them are more than just enjoyable.

The closest book that has hit that list in years is Ender's Game. Time will tell on that one, but I really did like it. It's my only 4.5 (seeing as GR didn't have the halvsies).

So with that this month (and change) challenge draws to a close. I liked doing this. I hope people liked reading it. Maybe I'll do something similar in the future... once I move over all the GR stuff... I've been slacking on that.

So with that...