bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: Seduced by a Pirate by Eloisa James

Seduced by a Pirate - Eloisa James

I was looking for something light to read last night and stumbled upon Seduced by a Pirate on my Nook. This book is a companion novella to Eloisa James' The Ugly Duchess that deals with the hero's cousin and fellow pirate/privateer Griffin going home for the first time in 14 years. To meet the wife he abandoned literally during their wedding night.

Phoebe is not a wilting flower who waited around for 14 year letting her life slip away. She has a farm, a small household... and much to Griffin's surprise, three children.

Honestly, this was a nice novella, but it would have been an awesome full length novel! I fell in love with these characters pretty much instantly and was rooting for their HEA. But since there was only 90 pages, the challenges they had to overcome almost came to easily.

Still the journey with these two was fun. All of the characters just jumped off the page in Ms. James' lively style.

A spoiler wish regarding the children

how cool would the story have been if they WERE hers and someone else. I kind of want to read that book. It would have been interesting to see how she and Griffin would have come to terms with their separation.

(show spoiler)

Obviously this wish is a little anachronistic, but whatever... it's Romancelandia!

Anyway, if you like James' work and want a short story that will have characters that entertain and entice with some fun sexytimes, pick this one up. :)

This was originally posted on GR April 2013