bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

REBLOG: Reblogging Reviews

Ostensibly A starts a really interesting discussion about reblogging... especially in the context of reviews. There is quite a good discussion going on about it at the source. I personally dont mind as long as you somehow make it known (other than the source thing at the bottom) that it is a reblog. So a source link or a reblog in the title. The reason why I mention the title thing (while I think its standard practice) is that if the review checkbox is checked, it shows up on the book page as the rebloggers review. I am not even sure how that works if the reblogger already has a review of their own... are they just on the book page more than once?

Whatever. Check out the link and add your own thoughts to the convo. The original text I am going to put under a cut (because I have a feeling it's going to have multiple in a row in a lot of peoples feeds)

-Julia

------------------------------------

Can we, as a community, agree not to reblog others' reviews?

I don't like this reblogging system at all, really, but unlike everything else that can be reblogged the reviews (and book status updates) are the worst to me. That's someone's personal feelings, opinions, and words on a book and I detest the idea of them being essentially taken and the attribution being lost. It also steals comments and likes that should rightfully go to the reviewer. It seriously bothers me. (I haven't posted a review yet that wasn't initially imported, but I've been seeing it a lot with other people's reviews.)

If not stopping reblogging the review period, can we at least only post a portion of the review and link back to the original review for people to see the rest? Or use the URL post? That way likes and comments are directed where they belong.

I really hope we see a change of this system and when we like someone's post other people who follow us will be able to see it instead of needing to reblog. But until then we should protect each other. Or, tell me straight, am I the only person this bothered by it?

Reblogged from OstensiblyA