bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Progress: 42/420 pages

Challenge: 30 Day Book Challenge Day Eleven

Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck

A Book You Hated

Let's go for a classic here, one that I was forced to read over the summer in high school, Of Mice and Men. Oh, how I hated this short read. To Kill a Mockingbird (the other book I read that summer) was leaps and bounds ahead of this Steinbeck book. I don't even think I could put my finger on why I disliked it so much. I have heard of people really liking it, but it just didn't work for me... at all.

I successfully avoided Steinbeck's books until college where I was forced to read, and didn't completely dislike, Cannery Row. So I guess all hope at being one of the cultured reading elite isn't lost for me.