bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Challenge: 30 Day Book Challenge Day Seven

The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible As Literally As Possible - A.J. Jacobs

A Book that makes you Laugh

This prompt (which is a couple of days behind... I know I am going to finish this 30 day book challenge in like December) made me immediately think of one book, The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs. This book was hilariously written, but all the while had some good insights into certain rules from the old testament of the bible. You see, Jacobs decides to take a year and live the bible exactly as written in modern New York. He focuses on a few "rules" at a time and most times the results are nothing less then hysterical.

So if you are looking for a good laugh where you also may accidentally learn something along the way, this one is a good choice.