bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Progress: 42/420 pages

Challenge: 30 Day Book Challenge Day Five

When Beauty Tamed the Beast - James Griffin, Eloisa James

A Book That Makes You Happy

Well, by far and away, the genre of books that I read the most is historical romance. One of the key things about the official "romance novel" genre that differentiates it from just a book containing a strong romantic element (aka most Nicholas Sparks books), is that it must have an HEA (happily ever after) or an HFN (happy for now).

Knowing this going in, most of the books I read in this genre make me happy... unless of course the characterization makes the main couple insufferable. But most of the time I end a romance novel with a happy face and contented sigh.

Looking through my favorite shelf to just try and single out one, I'll land on When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James.

Flawed but lovable characters and a twist on the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale? Yes. That makes me happy.