bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: Assassin's Gambit by Amy Raby

Assassin's Gambit - Amy Raby

Assassin's Gambit was a pleasant surprise. I stumbled on a review somewhere that didn't really like it. I find two and three star reviews on Goodreads the most useful because when people give me a critical analysis of what didn't work for them, I can decide if it would work for me.

Well, I saw it at the library and decided to give it a go. And honestly, this book was a sweet Fantasy-spy romantic suspense type of book. I really enjoyed it and devoured it! I look forward to the next in the series.

A few things about the heroine bothered me a bit and the romance sometimes took a backseat to the overall plot, but it was entertaining. And the way that sex plays into the society of this world, or at least into this spy organization amused the hell out of me.

I recommend checking this one out if you are into historical romance, but want a twist on it, with a dash of fantasy.

This post was previously posted by me on The Broke and the Bookish in a compilation mini-review post back in July 2013. I did beef it up a bit though... not much. A sentence or two :)

Source: http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/2013/07/julias-romance-roundup-thus-far-2013.html