bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Random: Historical Romance Novel Titles: Seduce + Scoundrel

Romance novel titles are a strange beast. The one's that I particularly pay attention to are the historical romance titles. I swear you could come up with a generator. We've got Avon coming up with new horrid puns all the damn time (and I like puns). But mostly we've got overuses of the same few key titles with the same few key phrases.

I was browsing some deals the other day when I came across one of these cookie-cutter titles and I thought to myself, "I wonder how many historical romances actually have 'seduce' and 'scoundrel' in the title." And so this list was born.

• To Seduce a Scoundrel by Darcy Burke
  • Seduced by a Scoundrel by Barbara Dawson Smith
  • Seduced by the Scoundrel by Louise Allen
  • The Scoundrel's Seduction by Jennifer Haymore
  • Seductive Scoundrel by Victoria London

There is a lot of seducing scoundrels out there, or how to's regarding seducing them... or avoiding seduction. I liked the ones who tried to get creative by adding an adjective specifying the type of scoundrel or by changing up the tense of seduction.

At the end of this, I have gained nothing but a list of ten that I thought would be fun to share. That and scoundrel doesn't look like a real word anymore.