bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

An intense look into the life of an Afghani boy as his life is twisted in many different directions including being torn from his homeland and sent to America along with his journey back to his home.

I read this book in a literature class at my college and the discussions that were had throughout the course of the book were very interesting. People take certain aspects of the book and interpret them differently giving people a different feel toward the main character.

I highly recommend this book to a book group because what happens in its pages is meant to be discussed. Even if you read this on your own, it is an intense novel worth your time.

The only problem I had was that after the high page turning quality of the beginning of the book, the last 50 or so pages were very anticlimactic and dragged for me. But other than that a good read.

Originally posted on GR in 2007