bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Review: Wanderlust and Lipstick by Beth Whitman

Wanderlust and Lipstick: The Essential Guide for Women Traveling Solo - Beth Whitman

I would recommend this book for women who have never traveled before, whether going solo or not. But as someone who has traveled internationally before, I didn't really learn much. I found myself skimming over the sections on passport and visas.

The anecdotes were my favorite part. That and the list of helpful websites that I will be copying down before I return it to the library.

I was just expecting there to be more wisdom for the traveler who is not new to traveling but new to the solo part. Also, there are not really that many tips for business travelers so if you are looking for that, this book won't help much.

Originally posted on GR in June 2010... oh, just seeing this title makes me want to take off for places unknown. Solo travel still scares the bajeezus out of me though.