bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Just Finished Reactions: The Harlot by Saskia Walker

The Harlot - Saskia Walker

The Harlot, an erotic romance centered around sex and a revenge scheme, to me was just okay. The first few chapters are rather jarring and you are pretty much thrown into sex. I am not jittery about the eroticism of this book, but for the first 100 pages or so it was a book of erotic encounters held together with a loose narrative. It wasn't until really half the book was over that we saw any forward plot movement with the revenge thing.

The sex was pretty steamy, though some of it was completely unnecessary and somewhat random.

It could have been better if the characters were more developed outside of the sex. I know this is erotic romance, but I still expect more than what this gave me. It was like they had one other character trait outside of being horny.

That said though, it wasn't horrible. It wasn't purple prosey or entirely lacking a plot. And a lot of the sensual scenes made sense in the context of the plot.

That's why it was just okay for me.

Originally posted on GR in Feb 2012. I gave this a half star more because surprisingly I do remember stuff about this book almost two years later. So I'll up it a half star. :)