bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

REBLOG: GR Slaps the librarians in the face again

The latest sad news from GRs. I can't believe after all the hardwork that librairians have done for GRs that this is how they repay them. We worked our assess off, giving up free time, to split the site from Amazon a few years ago, and now they are just letting it all back in, tromping over all the data that we've worked so hard to correct.

I was beginning to think I had acted rashly abandoning GR, but now I know I didn't.

-Julia/Bambbles Rambles

------------------

Posted by krazykiwi:

Posted by Charmed.

Short version: Kindle/Amazon imports are now locked and can't be manually edited.

Even though they are frequently wildly wrong, nor do they account for all the special cases and data normalization that GR librarians have spent years doing. This on top of the recent revelation that Amazon imports also undoes librarian edits where data clashes.

Just ugh.