Hi everyone! This is Julia of The Broke and the Bookish, formerly blogging on my own at The Competitive Bibliomaniac.
I read mostly historical romance, but can often be found reviewing paranormal romance, young adult books (mostly distopian/fantasy), fantasy/sci-fi, classics, and the occasional non-fiction book about languages.
Feel free to follow and reblog!
- favorite part of this book is the characters. this was a very character driven novel and without those strong leads and secondaries, it would have fell flat
- some parts were hilarious
- chemistry between the leads
- reminiscent of the earlier Bridgerton novels
- horrendous cover and back cover
In general a story that has been done many times before but the strong characters who had chemistry and the fact that most characters are pretty dynamic, make this a fun continuation to the series. It would even be a good stand alone for those looking for a good house party 'desperate times call for desperate decisions' romance.
|04/19/2012||page 200||54.0%||"i lol'd at a certain statue scene, card playing scene... and felt a blush in the library. I like this so far, quite a bit!"|
Originally Posted on GR in April 2012