bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Just Finished Reactions & Progress Post: Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

A Storm of Swords - George R.R. Martin

I am going to start this off by saying that while this doesn't contain any spoilers for really any of the specific points in any of the books, it does contain mild spoilers for the phenomenon that is A Song of Ice and Fire. This is most likely general knowledge of a GRRM book, but if you are holding out and want to be as spoiler free as possible, then maybe skip this post.

Also the reading progress from my GR page is so freaking funny now that I have finished the series. I think anyone who has read this book would be able to look at it and watch my emotional progress. Also, I am going to use this as my review. Because it's probably as good as you are going to get at this point.

First impressions: Just as solid as the other two. I liked it more then Clash of Kings and less then Game of Thrones. I didn't find it any less gut-wrenching then Game of Thrones, but I really liked some new POVs. Like Jamie. Tyrion never disappoints. Sansa is starting to entertain me though I still think she is too childish (especially after what she's been through). I hold out hope. Love Arya and Jon as well. Dany's is almost like reading a completely different book.

The other POVs I don't mind, but I always wait for the pages with those listed on it.

Progress Posts:

08/11/2012     11.0% "So far so good. All I know about this book is "ITS THE BEST ONE OMG" and "SO MUCH SADNESS"... well let's do this then."
08/13/2012 page 192   18.0% "Arg. its like watching a bunch of half hour long tv episodes. just enough to hook you then it's the end and you have to wait a week for more."
08/20/2012 page 310   29.0% "It has finally happened. I have a favorite character. damn it! I won't say who or why I love them in a hopes that they won't die like everyone else in this book series..."
08/20/2012       "also occasionally I've been taking certain scenes and in my head playing them out as they would happen in romance novels. it is quite amusing to me."
08/23/2012 page 367   34.0% "aaaand my least favorite character returns... I thought they had gotten better. *deliberate vagueness*"
08/25/2012 page 655   61.0% "Fuck this book."