bambbles

Bambbles Rambles

Books, Reviews, and general awesomeness

About Julia

Feel free to follow and reblog!

Wanton Christmas Wishes
Christopher Moore
Progress: 42/420 pages

Reread Reactions: The Giver by Lois Lowry

The Giver - Lois Lowry

Man it's been a long time since I read this book. I think I had to have been in high school when my sister insisted that I read it. My work bookclub voted this as the October read. I had forgotten a lot about it. Things sort of started to come back to me as I was reading it, but damn if this isn't a thoughtful read.

It's one of those books that is super easy to read and yet can open things up to a lot of discussion, probably the main reason it has done so well in schools. I can't wait to see what people bring up in bookclub, reading it for the first time as adults. I can't help but believe that I may be looking at it with nostalgia goggles.